Sunday, June 22, 2008

Readers' Feed Back

As you can see . . . I forwarded your Peter King Fundraiser Event. I have already sent a donation to his campaign. Keep up your good work.
Irish American leader, Queens, New York




Hey, most of that stuff is wrong. I work in a radio station and I spent most of the week putting together a show on Lisbon. Your 8 points are wrong. The treaty is good for Ireland and good for Munster.

With respect,
Radio Program Producer, Cork City



Congratulations, Pat Hurley. I never even heard of the Lisbon Treaty until you started shouting from the rooftops about it! Reading the NY Post article I see it was more dangerous than I originally thought. You're a tireless worker and this time you beat the odds.
Irish American leader, New York City



Pat,
We have been to Limerick, Cork, and Galway in the past week and everyone we've met is voting NO.
Irish American activist, New York City



The blog is a great idea and the current ‘No vote’ a great subject.
Irish American leader, Philadelphia




Pat:

Tell Your Family & Friends in Ireland - Vote "YES" to Lisbon!
I have to disagree with you on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A YES vote is very important for the Irish economy and the Irish nation.
Ireland has done very well from our participation within the EU.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Hope you and all the family and my friends in NY are well.

Up the Rebels!

Fianna Fail Councilor, Cork City



Regarding the Bruton reflection on the negative Lisbon Treaty vote. Surprisingly, and disappointingly, however, in the 23 pages of explanation, I saw nothing of national and cultural (especially religious) identity referred to as playing a role in the NO vote, which it most certainly did. I would love to hear what the former Irish leader and present rep of the EU in Washington has to say about that point!

Irish American religious leader, Virginia

Hi Pat

I won't even attempt to argue with you, as I am a (sceptical) yes voter who waivered before deciding to go the same way as every party in the country bar SF! Except to say that many of the (No) arguments are pure fiction. I worked at the Brussels coalface for a number of years - it just doesn't work the way suggested below and it won't change in the ways suggested either. In fact it's a fairly minor (albeit legally necessary) legal instrument. But let's agree to disagree.

Academic, University College Cork





No comments: