Thursday, July 9, 2009

Message from Pete King

Dear Friend:


Over the 4th of July weekend, I taped a video to let people know how I feel about the amount of media coverage of the death of Michael Jackson. I felt it was time to say enough. There are many people who are sacrificing their lives and donating their time to help others and we should take time to remember those people and not Michael Jackson. Below is a link to my website where you can watch the video and see the media response to it.


I took my stand against the obscene media coverage given to Michael Jackson because I strongly believe that our nation deserved more than being subjected to round-the-clock, shameless pandering to the memory of someone whose bizarre lifestyle included - by his own admission - sleeping with young boys and serial drug abuse. Stripping away all the psychobabble, no responsible parent or grandparent would allow young children anywhere near Michael Jackson.
The response I have received has been overwhelmingly positive and gratifying. Literally tens of thousands of rank-and-file Americans have thanked me for saying publicly what they strongly believed privately.

At the same time, however, I received bitter, vicious and obscene phone calls and emails from Michael Jackson fanatics. Also, a pro-Michael Jackson Democratic web site http://www.actblue.com/page/jacksonfansagainstking has been set up to raise campaign funds against me for speaking the truth.

I assure you that I will not back down and I will not be intimidated. To successfully keep up the fight for the values we share, however, I will need campaign funds to fight off the liberal special interests. I am asking for your financial support to overcome the organized opposition to me.

Any financial contribution you can make to my campaign effort will be greatly appreciated and can be made on-line by clicking here (https://www.completecampaigns.com/public.asp?name=KingPete&page=1). I want to send a strong message to potential opponents that they are in for the fight of their lives.

Thank you for standing with me.

Sincerely,

Pete King

P.S. You can also make your contribution through the mail by sending it to Pete King For Congress Committee, PO Box 1428 , Seaford , NY 11783

No comments: