Friday, October 17, 2008

Immigration and the New Ireland

Immigration and the New Ireland
By Charlie Brady

All right, I'm going to admit it straight up. I'm prejudiced. Yes, I'm a racist.
I have certain likes and dislikes about the immigrants coming to Ireland and I'm particularly prejudiced in favour of the Polish. I think they're wonderful and an absolute addition to any community.
Now that the nice stuff is out of the way (and I will return to it later) let's get on to the - oh, careful here, Brady - other stuff. For any of you reading this in the States, who perhaps left Ireland even as little as twenty years ago or less, you would not recognise the country to which you may be returning. Let's leave aside the fact that nobody trusts our major institutions anymore: whether they be the corrupt church, the many equally corrupt politicians that we have and who will never do time; or the lawyers and barristers who have made themselves millionaires by way of that corruption.
Continue reading, click below:

No comments: