Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pete King for U.S. Senate



Dear Friend,


Recent developments in New York have given us an important decision to make which is why I need your advice. In the coming weeks our current Senator Hillary Clinton will become Secretary of State and resign her seat in the US Senate. Governor Paterson will then appoint a successor to fill this vacancy.


Caroline Kennedy has begun actively campaigning for this seat. She has hired campaign consultants and, prior to Senator Clinton's confirmation and Governor Paterson making his decision, she is announcing her desire to get his appointment.

Many friends and supporters have urged me to consider running against Ms Kennedy Schlossberg. Needless to say it's a very important decision. This is why I need your advice.
For almost 2 decades I have represented my Long Island district and all New Yorkers. This work on behalf of working middle class men and women has earned me election and re-election 8 times. Most observers believe I would be re-elected to Congress again in 2010. However, many have said the stakes on behalf of New York and our Nation are too important for our future and that I should run instead for this Senate seat.

Will our children and grandchildren enjoy the same standard of living, freedoms and security, we do today? Will our nation be more secure and more prosperous! Many friends and New Yorkers are not sure. This is why we must meet the challenge.


Recently when THE HILL Newspaper (http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/king-girding-for-potential-battle-with-kennedy-2008-12-15.html) asked my reaction to Caroline Kennedy’s announcement that she is running, I said: "If anything, it makes me more definite that I want to run." No one has a claim on any seat in the US Senate except the people of New York.
With that in mind I'm asking you whether you think I should take up the challenge and run for the US Senate.


Please take the time to give me your opinion, advice and hopefully support. Thank you for the time you took to visit this site and let's stay in touch. If you don't mind, leave your email address as well for me to personally respond to you.

Sincerely,

Pete King


Pete King For Senate?

No comments: