Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pete King-Getting Ready for 2010

Message from Congressman Peter King





Dear Supporter:



I need your help to be re-elected.

This year's election results contained a lot of good news. Republicans won the Governor's races in New Jersey and Virginia and scored a series of major upsets in Nassau County and Suffolk County as well.

One result, however, could cause real problems for me. Democrats won the special election for Congress in upstate New York, taking a seat that had always been Republican. This gives the Democrats a 27-2 Congressional majority from New York. There is only one Republican Congressman between me and the Canadian border and his district is more than 300 miles north of mine!

This makes me a prime target in next year's election. The Democrats can focus all their efforts on me. This is especially true because I have opposed all the Obama agenda - including so-called healthcare reform, cap and trade, the stimulus bill and the closing of Guantanamo. I also continue to speak out very loudly supporting the war against Islamic terrorism and exposing the dangers of political correctness.

The pressure on Congress in the upcoming weeks and months to ram though a healthcare bill will be particularly intense and, because I will continue to oppose this misguided legislation, I can expect to be attacked by Democratic operatives and their allies in the liberal media.

To make sure that I am able to defend myself against the upcoming attacks against me, I am asking for your financial help. I am asking you to make a donation to my campaign committee. Even though the next election is almost a year away, I need to be getting everything in place now. I have to be ready for an all-out effort.

I hate doing this - but I have no choice. Any contribution you can afford to make will be greatly appreciated and put to good use. My website
http://www.peteking.com can accept any donations by credit card or you can mail a check to my committee:

Pete King for Congress
Post Office Box 1428
Seaford, NY 11783

Thanks again for your support. All the best.

Pete
P.S. Here is the YouTube video link to my statement to watch or forward to your friends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP3hi7Dz5Uc Also, don't forget to friend me on Facebook by clicking here

No comments: